Observance Of The Law
Non Profit Credit Counselor Bilked $2 Million From Victims Credit counselors are there to assist us manage our funds, get out of debt and assist us obtain financial freedom. Apparently Alfred Parker of Woodland Hills, California did not fairly understand that. Parker, who worked as a credit counselor for a non-profit firm providing credit score counseling to low-revenue families, was sentenced this week to 46 months in a federal prison.
Targeting primarily African-American folks, Parker raised $2 million with the promise of “assured” returns as high as 40% in simply 3 months. The money was to be used to help individuals avoid foreclosures and make funds on their money owed. Parker as an alternative used the money to buy a Rolls Royce Phantom, 2 Ferraris, and a $2.5 million home.
He will not be becoming a member of his new bride for a honeymoon anytime soon. Not getting sufficient money from individual victims, Parker obtained a $200,000 line of credit score by falsely claiming that he had $2,000,000 in savings and vital rental earnings from property in Cleveland.
- The chief privacy officer shall report to the commissioner on issues affecting privateness and the security of student, instructor, and principal knowledge.
- The chief privateness officer shall be qualified by coaching or expertise in state and federal schooling privateness legal guidelines and regulations, civil liberties, data know-how, and knowledge safety.
- These activities are an impressive addition to any CV and help to nurture all-essential analytical, communication, presentation and teamwork expertise.
- The School’s active mooting programme permits law students to develop all-necessary advocacy skills.
- This module blends conventional lectures and online sources and has a substantial downside based part.
United States District Court Judge R. Gary Klausner condemned Parker for presenting himself as a non secular man and preying on the African American religion based mostly neighborhood. Security regulators persistently put affinity fraud in their yearly top ten lists of scams techniques. Faith based mostly affinity schemes have hit the African American group hard lately. Using one’s religious affiliation establishes a false sense of safety within the minds of victims.
In addition, if there may be any concern with your document, they will move on and select somebody for the position that doesn’t have this negative side weighing in on them. It could be a very irritating experience, however with the assistance of an expungement lawyer, you could possibly restore the injury.